DPC19 Speaker Package
We are committed to offering the best speakers possible. To do that, we have arranged for a generous speaker package.
If one or more of your talks are accepted, and you commit to speak at DPC, we will provide the following to you:
- A complimentary ticket to the conference (including tutorial day): June 6-8
- Speaker dinner on Thursday evening June 6th
- Conference social on Friday evening - a Social event including food, drinks, GameNight and CodeNight.
- Recording of your talk (audio + screen), which we will edit and publish on YouTube after the conference.
- 2-4 nights stay (including breakfast) at the Eden Hotel Amsterdam (the number of nights depends on where you have to travel from and if you’re scheduled for a tutorial on thursday)
- Fresh coffee, lunch, soft drinks and snacks at the conference venue on thursday, friday and saturday
- Compensation for presenting a tutorial. For half day tutorials the compensation is set at 400 euro and for full day tutorials at 800 euro, paid after delivery of the tutorial.
- Informal dinner on wednesday June 5th (if you’re already in Amsterdam)
- Ticket for public transport in Amsterdam - valid up to 72h.
Last but not least, payment for travel expenses
- Round-trip airline or train ticket + reimbursement of travel cost from home-airport and airport-hotel (and vice versa).
- If you travel by car, we arrange a multi-day parking ticket at the RAI venue and you receive reimbursement of fuel cost.
When you are from abroad, you will receive a information package on The Netherlands in general and Amsterdam in specific (payment customs, safety information, behaviour, bikes & traffic, weather etc).
Can I bring my partner?
Yes, you can bring a partner. Please inform us at your earliest convenience so we can arrange a double/twin room with breakfast for 2 and reserve an extra seat at the Speaker’s Dinner.
Can I choose my own flight?
We will ask you to propose a flight that best suits your schedule. We will try to accommodate this. However, we do have budget constraints that we need to work in.
Can publication of my recorded talk be postponed?
Yes, we can delay publication to a certain date if the content is under embargo until that date.
I don’t want my talk to be recorded, is that OK?
All talks will be recorded (recording will be on all day) but if you do not want us to publish the recording, no problem, we won’t.